SpongeBob SquarePants Decor Theme
SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star, Kash Crab and all the rest of the underwater crew make a great kids bedroom theme. The colors are bright and festive which appeals to kids. Even teens and adults love Sponge Bob!
Some of the more popular items are the Spongebob wallpaper, sponge bob pictures, murals and of course bedding and bath decor.
Paint colors from Lowe's: Bikini Bottom Blue, Rip Curl Red(Red Orange), Seaworthy Green, Bubble Blue, Barnacle Brown and Spongy Yellow.
How To Paint Your Walls With a SpongeBob Background
- This is actually pretty easy to do. First download my patterns for sponge bob's flower and bubbles which includes a larger version of the pattern plan you see here.
- Decide whether you want to paint the entire room with this layout, or just one wall.
- Measure your room and figure out how much paint you'll need of each color. Lowe's has an oline paint calculator tool that'll help.
- Buy your paint and any supplies you'll need like painter's tape, drop cloths (my favorite drop cloths are the blue paper ones with the plastic back), brushes, rollers etc.
- Lightly draw a line where you want the colors to meet, roughly 1/3 of your wall height, or somewhere around 32-36 inches. Paint the lower portion blue and the upper portion yellow. Don't worry about getting the line even where they meet, because you'll be painting blue bubbles over the line anyway.
- Using large and small paper plates, lightly trace outlines of bubbles so the entire line where the yellow and blue meet is covered with bubbles. Have some of them overlapping like in the sample.
- Then paint inside the circles with the blue, and paint the highlights (shown in gray on the bubble pattern) with white or a super light blue/gray, and then with a fine soft brush, lightly outline the bubbles with the same white.
- NOTE: Think 3-D here. If a large bubble overlaps a small bubble, then you would naturally only see part of the small bubble outline, but you would see the entire large bubble outline. That's what gives you the effect. If you make a mistake, just touch up the paint where you got the outline wrong.
- Done? Great! Now you can paint the flowers scattered about the upper portion in your favorite colors, or use some of the purchased wall stickers.