Camouflage & Army gear themed decor is popular with the renewed patriotism and you can find camo in the olive drab & brown as well as the shades of blues.
They would go with any military branch, whether it be Army, Air Force, the Guard or any of them. The green sets would also work equally well for an outdoor, hunting or bugs type theme.
This theme is great of course for a boys room, but girls like it too. And if you are looking for a military theme for girly girls, check out the GI Jane theme. Yes, it's actually pink camo! Love It!
The best places for Military Theme decor are Target.com, and . As with most kids room themes, the sky's the limit for this theme as well.
Army or military theme decorating ideas
This baby set has gotten rave reviews and very popular. It's for the Air Force baby.
- Use camouflage netting to make a canopy to go over the bed. Boys like canopies too. Or use the netting in a corner over a desk, or play area, or even hang a piece of it over the entry door. If you have a lot of it, use ceiling hooks and drape it across the ceiling, pulling it as snug as you safely can.
- You could paint the lower portion of the wall a camouflage pattern, or if you're artistic, paint military vehicles on the walls, at kid height, and a couple jets up high, on a cloudy background. Simple forms work best. Remember, a truck is just a couple rectangles put together with two round tires if you look at it from the side. Adding a door and window is easy after that. Look at kids coloring books for basic patterns without a lot of detail. These are great to use as patterns.
- If you really want to get into this camo theme, go to an army surplus store and get the army trunks to use for toy or clothing storage. Use army cots or bunk beds if you have more than one sharing a room.
- And don't forget the G.I. Janes!! If she likes military, but doesn't like the army green and khaki, use the blue sets or the pink one on the GI Jane theme page. I've yet to find any of the gray and white bedding sets, but I'm still looking. Hancock's Fabrics has the gray and white fabric around hunting season sometimes.
- You can also find a few military theme kids room pieces at aBaby.com & JC Penney.