Working With This Bedroom Theme
Girls of all ages love this glam rocker. So I thought I'd show you where you can find all kinds of decorative items to choose from and also offer some tips on using them.
The main colors seem to be shades of navy, pink, aqua and purple. So pick which main color theme you want to work with first of all. This will determine what you want on the walls etc.
- The main thing to consider here is contrast. If you're using the lavendar colored items, don't use lavendar on the walls. They'll just disappear against the matching wall. At the least, paint the wall the bed sits on (if you're using the bedding set) a contrast color. In the case of the lavendar set, paint the wall navy, aqua or even a darker shade of purple. The navy bedding would look good against a lavendar, pale pink or the bright pink on the wall.
- IMHO I think the aqua or a little lighter shade of it would look great with any of the bedding and decor.
- Another good option would be alternating verticle white and lavendar or some other combination of stripes.
- Take your Hannah Montana item with you to the paint store, find a paint swatch card that has one color that matches as close as you can get it to one of the colors on your item. Then from there, you can go up or down the card to get darker or lighter shades of that color. This is helpful because there are so many different shades of colors. Blues and purples are particularly hard to coordinate, because they have varying amounts of red in them.
- I haven't been to the paint store recently, but I know some of them have the Disney color paint swatch cards. If this is the case that'll be even easier!
- If you're on a tight budget, pick up just one roll of the wallpaper border. It has 15 feet in it, and would work great to border a mirror, trim three sides of a window, put strips across dresser drawer fromts, or just put it on your one accent wall.
- Oh, and keep in mind, that if you use any wall stickers, you could also use them on furniture, like dressers, headboards and even those boring sliding closet doors.
Of the bedrooms and bedding shown here, I like the one with the quilt as far as color goes. The quilt is mainly pink and navy, yet the walls are lavendar. See how it makes the bedding seem more important than the first one show with lavendar bedding and lavendar on the walls?
Think of how you could reuse any of these items if she changes her mind later. Could you recover or replace the lampshade on the guitar lamp? Or change the face on the guitar wall clock (which I think is a really nice piece by the way). The Mirror frame could easily be covered with wallpaper, fabric or painted to change it out later.