Pink Camo Military Theme For G.I. Janes
If your GI Jane doesn't like or want the olive and khaki decor like in the Military Theme, maybe she would rather have this pink camouflage theme. It still has military written all over it, but you can Chic it up a notch and be totally girly girl.
Take the camo pillowcase with you when you go shopping for paint and accessories. Get some paint chips to take home with you, so you can look at them in the daylight and evening light from lamps and overhead lighting.
What To Do With The Walls
Pink camouflage can be found in the military camo style or the realtree camo. You'll find some of them in pink, tan and white and some are just pink and white.
- Paint your walls either white or a light or medium shade of tan. This will make your pink camo items really stand out. If you paint the walls pink your bedding will just blend in to oblivion. OK, fine. If you just have to have pink, make it at least two shades lighter than the lightest pink (barely pink) or two shades darker than the darkest pink (for contrast) in the camo bedding.
- If you're going with the pink walls, try painting the lower portion of the wall in the white or light khaki to break it up and help your camo bedding stand out better.
- How about doing alternating stripes of pink, tan and white either on the entire wall or just the upper portion.
- If your ceiling is low, make the stripe vertical, if your room is small do horizontal stripes. You can even just stripe one wall if you wish.
- If you went with the pink and white bedding and accessories, and the tan and white walls, you'll need to bring the tan in with some of your accessories. Like multi colored striped fabric or accessories that include shade of pink, white and tan. It may just be your furniture that brings in the tan tones. Or use a tan sheet set.
If you opted to get striped, plaid or plain bedding and you'd like to do a camo design on the walls or any of the furniture, use these stencils for camouflage designs. TAKE NOTE: Before ordering any of them contact the website and ask if the one you're interested in is a seamless design. Otherewise you'll see an obvious straight line and repetition of pattern.
It may simply mean you have to be sure to rotate the stencil over 1/4 or 1/2 turn each time.
An alternative is to make your own stencil with some stencil paper/plastic and copy the design off of the bedding.
You can still use the olive drab camo netting for a canopy or other room accent. No point in making it too girly, it is military after all!
- You can still use the olive khaki colored accents with the pink camo bedding set.
- If you're not using the bed with locker drawers under it, get a footlocker to put at the foot of her bed, or under a window as a window seat. Either leave it army green, or paint it in pink camo, khaki or other color of choice. You could get some extra camo sheets to make a seat cushion for it too.
- Speaking of sheets, they'd be inexpensive to use for fabric to make curtains.
- Be sure to check out the Military Theme page for more decor tips that will work with this theme as well!